This Tahini & oats recipe for breakfast is a must.
Quick and simple breakfast that the whole family will love for those busy mornings trying to get out the door. It will also keep you fuller for longer as this recipe has a lot of fiber.
Oats – why love oats?
- For starters, they are high in fiber. It has soluble fiber, that slows down digestion and makes us feel full AND it has unsoluble fiber, that moves things along in our digestive tract.
- Lowers cholesterol. They contain beta-glucans which are associated with lowering cholesterol.
- Helps with weight loss – if we feel fuller for longer, after a quality meal, the less likely we are to snack or eat foods that are not nutrient dense.
- Gives you energy from the carbs
Tahini – a secret and staple ingredient in my pantry that I add to a lot of things on a regular basis. Made out of sesame seeds (think hummus) here is why you will love tahini.
- Packed with healthy fats. It supports brain function, heart health and keeping you fuller longer (we want to be fuller longer from quality ingredients).
- It makes your skin glow from the inside out. If you know me by now, you know I love anything that makes my skin glow naturally. Anti-aging is my jam. It contains Vitamin A & E, zinc and collagen. All of the nutrients we need for healthy looking skin.
- Fights inflammation – inflammation wreaks havoc in our bodies and is linked to many diseases. The antioxidants and polyphenols in tahini calms inflammation.
This is just a couple of reasons why tahini and oats are good for you. There are many many more.
Tahini & Oats Recipe
1 CUP ROLLED OATS
1 HEAPING TBLSP RAW TAHINI
2 CUPS MILK OF CHOICE OR WATER
1-2 TSP MAPLE SYRUP (DEPENDING ON DESIRED SWEETNESS)
½ TSP CINNAMON
1 TEASPOON CHIA SEEDS
PINCH OF SEA SALT
–COMBINE OATS, MILK, SALT, CHIA SEEDS AND CINNAMON IN A SAUCEPAN.
–BRING TO A BOIL. REDUCE HEAT.
–ADD TAHINI AND MAPLE SYRUP.
–COOK FOR 5-8 MINUTES, SITRRING FREQUENTLY, UNTIL DESIRED CONSISTENCY.
–Top with your favorite fruit and/or nuts. Enjoy!
If you are tired of waking up in pain. Tired of not feeling good anymore and wasting so much headspace instead of spending time enjoying yourself then health coaching might be right for you. Check out my offerings and let’s get you scheduled.
- Concierge health coaching – a private 60 minute consultation if you do not want to commit to 3 months. You just want support when you need it. This is the best one for you.
- 3-month program. Bi-weekly sessions with unlimited support. Just dropped down my price!
- Parents group coaching: 5 weeks of group coaching. Next round starts in March!
- 2-Day VIP Intensive Retreat. Escape your everyday life to really take your overall health to the next level.
I partnered up with Amazon to create a list of products that I specifically use, have used, or will used, that are clean and safe for you and your children. If you are looking for healthier alternatives for food, beauty, and wellness products to make you feel good – then come check this out.
See you next week 🙂
Alejandra at Living Well Co.