These school-safe banana cacao muffins are a serious hit. Your children will really be happy when you make these.
Whenever my son has his special day at school, and has to bring a snack for the whole class, I always make these. If I have time of course.
They are vegan, nut free, gluten-free, grain-free, with no sugar except maple syrup.
Super nutritious too.
It contains arrowroot flour. Which is rich in potassium, iron (which most kids need) and B-vitamins. Easier to digest, studies have shown that arrowroot can stimulate immune cells and boost the immune system.
This is the type of arrowroot that I always use.
For 6 Servings
- 2 large bananas
- 2/3 cup Gluten-free All-Purpose flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 62.5 mL maple syrup (equivalent to .26 cups so a bit more than 1/4 cup)
- 62.5 mL avocado oil (a little more than1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- I like to sprinkle in adaptogens if you’re into it. Ashwagandha or Reishi.
For 30 servings if you want to make it for a whole classroom
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 6 1/4 cups GF all-purpose flour
- 2 cups arrowroot flour
- 312.5 mL maple syrup (equivalent to 1.32 cups)
- 312.5 mL (equivalent to 1.32 cups) avocado oil
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup cacao
- 4 tablespoons vanilla
Preheat oven at 360 degrees.
Mash bananas and combine with wet ingredients.
Add dry ingredients together.
Mix in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
Line the muffin tin with these silicone muffin liners. The kids will love the fun colors!
Evenly divide the mixture.
Bake for 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean.
Let it cool and enjoy!
—If you are tired of waking up in pain. Tired of not feeling good anymore and wasting so much headspace instead of spending time enjoying yourself then health coaching might be right for you. Check out my offerings and let’s get you scheduled.
- Concierge health coaching – a private 60 minute consultation if you do not want to commit to 3 months. You just want support when you need it. This is the best one for you.
- 3-month program. Bi-weekly sessions with unlimited support. Just dropped down my price!
- Parents group coaching: 5 weeks of group coaching. Next round starts in March!
- 2-Day VIP Intensive Retreat. Escape your everyday life to really take your overall health to the next level.
I partnered up with Amazon to create a list of products that I specifically use, have used, or will used, that are clean and safe for you and your children. If you are looking for healthier alternatives for food, beauty, and wellness products to make you feel good – then come check this out.
See you next week. Would love to hear your thoughts if you try them!
Alejandra at Living Well Co.