I LOVE a simple avocado salad recipe.
My mouth is watering as I type this. I swear, I read the word avocado and my body gets hungry. My kids and husband do too. It is simple so it can be easy. It does not take much work. It is nutritious and it has so much flavor.
Your hands will get messy though, so just prepare for this! I don’t know about you but sometimes I try to avoid using cutlery, because it adds to my to-do list. More knives, more cleaning. So my trick with salads is that I use my hands a lot.
Salads serve great for lunch or paired up with dinner. I tend to eat salads a lot for lunch, because I don’t feel the heaviness of a big meal when I do. My energy stays the same. During dinner, I eat it before my cooked meal because raw vegetables when chewed, release digestive enzymes, which help you digest your meal.
Simple Avocado Salad
1 big bunch of mixed greens (pre-washed to save time) or butterhead lettuce. Your preference.
- If you opt for butterhead lettuce, I “chop” the leaves with my hand. After I wash them, I just rip them up. It saves me time and energy. I learned this in a cooking class in Mexico. It helps prevent oxidation from cutting the leaves too much.
1 small handful of basil leaves or parsley/cilantro/mint. Your preference or what you have on hand. I also “chop” with my hands.
1 big handful of cherry tomatoes. Cut in half.
1/2 cucumber, chopped.
Protein of choice (optional): I usually do 1/2 a can of chickpeas, rinsed, if I have very little time.
- Other options: canned wild salmon, sardines, beans, chicken, beef, steak, shrimp.
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Celtic sea salt or pink Himalayan salt and pepper to taste.
— Mix all ingredients together in a bowl except protein.
–Pour apple cider vinegar.
–Gently massage avocado, with your hands, until all ingredients are covered.
–Salt and pepper to taste.
–Now wash your hands, and you are good to go!
Please let me know how I can help!
Alejandra at Living Well Co.
—If you are tired of waking up in pain. Tired of not feeling good anymore and wasting so much headspace instead of spending time enjoying yourself then health coaching might be right for you. Check out my offerings and let’s get you scheduled.
- Concierge health coaching – a private 60 minute consultation if you do not want to commit to 3 months. You just want support when you need it. This is the best one for you.
- 3-month program. Bi-weekly sessions with unlimited support. Just dropped down my price!
- Parents group coaching: 5 weeks of group coaching. Next round starts in March!
- 2-Day VIP Intensive Retreat. Escape your everyday life to really take your overall health to the next level.
I partnered up with Amazon to create a list of products that I specifically use, have used, or will used, that are clean and safe for you and your children. If you are looking for healthier alternatives for food, beauty, and wellness products to make you feel good – then come check this out.