A simple tofu teriyaki bowl recipe that the entire family will like. Parents, kids, dogs, grandparents, everyone.
Have you ever found yourself just completely burnt out from having to cook yet another dinner?
Primarily, because you have to think, again, of something to cook or eat.
Having kids means lots of time in the kitchen. Either they are asking for snacks, or they are thirsty, or they are hungry again.
The recipes I post on my blog are the ones that I always go to when I have no thinking power left in me. I know they are nutritious, tasty and that every single person will be happy. Even my slightly picky eater.
I intentionally put slightly, because he is starting to be less picky!! Not only am I ecstatic but this shows you how not giving up and allowing them to decide for themselves, really does work. This is for another blog post!
This simple tofu teriyaki bowl is no different. It is so tasty, nutritious, and it makes every single person happy.
- 1 block of extra firm tofu (or more depending on how many people you are feeding). A plus if you buy one that is pressed already. Saves you time and energy.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Teriyaki sauce
- Tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- Chopped garlic
- Celtic sea salt to taste or pink Himalayan salt for a much cheaper option
- 3 properly washed broccoli heads
- Extra virgin olive oil ( A plus if you have the spray kind to make things easier)
- Celtic seal salt / pink Himalayan salt to taste
A side note for roasting broccoli. I prefer glass baking sheets. They are non-toxic and do not leach toxic chemicals into your food. It is so easy to clean up too. You can always just rinse and place in the dishwasher. If you want to avoid any cleanup at all then opt in for parchment paper vs aluminum foil. Studies have shown that when you cook with aluminum foil it will leach into your food. Which has been shown to cause harmful effects on health, especially with people with certain ailments and children(!!!).
- 1 Cup of rice or more depending on how many people you are feeding. I like to switch it up to get different nutrients. White, brown or purple (forbidden) rice. Another option, even though it isn’t rice, is quinoa too.
- Salt to taste
- Optional – I like to add ghee butter to the rice once it is cooked for extra flavor and healthy fats
-Preheat the oven on at 350 F so it will be ready for the broccoli once it is chopped and ready to go.
-Start with the rice as it usually takes the longest to cook. Cook it according to instructions.
-Get tofu out of wrapping. Cut into squares with medium thickness.
-Marinate with teriyaki sauce, tamari and chopped garlic. Set aside to let it sink in the flavor.
-Chop broccoli stalks off. Then chop broccoli florets according to preference. Preferably all to a similar size so they cook evenly.
-Place the broccoli florets on a baking sheet. Make sure there is space between them and it isn’t overcrowded. Toss with olive oil and salt. Spread evenly.
-Roast for 20 minutes or until you see brown around the edge.
-Heat up a medium sized pan with olive oil in medium heat setting.
-Add tofu to the pan, making sure not to overcrowd it.
-Every 4 minutes, turn each tofu pieces to ensure all sides will cook.
-Cook until desired crispiness. About 10-15 minutes.
-Once everything is cooked place all together in a bowl. I do it in layers: rice, broccoli then tofu on top.
-Spice with more teriyaki, tamari or salt if desired.
Is your health problem costing you not only your time, your money but also your headspace? Are you tired of being in pain? Waking up and not feeling good again?
Then let’s get you scheduled. You can wake up feeling good again. You can take back the power of your own health.
In the long run it will cost you less money, more peace of mind, and you will gain back time to spend with your loved ones.
- Concierge health coaching – a private 60 minute consultation if you do not want to commit to 3 months. You just want support when you need it. This is the best one for you.
- 3-month program. Bi-weekly sessions with unlimited support.
- Parent’s group coaching: 5 weeks of group coaching. Next virtual circle is coming up in March. Parent’s March Madness Group Health Coaching circle goes live on March 6th. Every Monday at 8:00 PM ET for 5 sessions. Sign up now!
- 2-Day VIP Intensive Retreat. Escape your everyday life to really take your overall health to the next level.
Thank you and so glad you are here!
Let me know if you try this at home. If it helps ease up your time and if your little ones enjoyed it.
Alejandra at Living Well Co.