This 6-ingredient protein balls are the ultimate protein snack for the whole family.
Especially for your children.
It is sweet, it is nutritious and you can grab and go on those busy days when you do not have much time to think.
They are perfect for the car when you are driving to and from activities. For your toddler when it is snack time. When you are having a playdate and you need to feed a lot of hungry bellies. For birthday parties. You name it!
So good you will want to keep these handy at all times.
“This is deeeelicious” – 4 year old
6-Ingredient No Cook Protein Balls
“Oh my, those were SO good” – 50 year old female
- 1 Cup medjool dates (pitted)
- 3 Tbsps nut butter. I prefer almond butter but you can literally do it with whichever kind. Sunflower for allergy purposes, peanut, walnut, cashew, your choice.
- 1/4 Cup cacao nibs
- 1 Tsp chia seeds
- 1 Tsp hemp seeds
- 2/3 Cup gluten free rolled oats
Why each ingredient makes you feel good
Medjool dates: Packed with important vitamins and minerals like potassium, copper, manganese, copper and vitamin B6. Rich in antioxidants to help combat inflammation. Lots of fiber to help your microbiome. Minimally processed. Dates can also help you loose weight and strengthen your bones.
Nut butter: Contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. Also has a mix of nutrients like fiber, protein, zinc, vitamin E, phosphorous and b vitamins.
Cacao nibs: Cacao is a staple in my home . It contains antioxidants, boosts your brain and elevates your mood.
Chia seeds: Rich in fiber, antioxidants, fiber, minerals, and omega-3 fats. These tiny little seeds should be added to just about anything!
Hemp seeds: Powerful seeds that should also be a staple in every home. They are rich in protein, fiber, antioxidants, healthy fats and essential amino acids. In short, they reduce stress, anxiety, hormonal imbalances, improves gut, brain, skin, and heart health, and regulates the immune system.
GF rolled oats: Helps lower cholesterol, provides filling fiber, improves digestion, high source of protein, and increases immunity.
All of these ingredients mixed together sounds like a win to me!
“WOW. Next level” – 35 year old male
- In a separate bowl, soak medjool dates in filtered water for about 5 minutes to soften them up.
- Place dates in blender, and pulse until they are in very small pieces.
- Add nut butter, chia seeds, hemp seeds, oats and cacao nibs to the blender and pulse until combined. You want there to be consistency so only blend for a about 1 minute. Pause, check and then blend until necessary.
- Roll into desired size balls with your hands. I rolled them into medium sized balls making 8 balls total. Adjust as needed.
- Place in the fridge to set for about 10 minutes.
- They will last in the refrigerator in a container for about 1 week. Place them in the freezer for longer.
If you try these, I’d love to hear your feedback.
Are you ready to start living your life differently? In having an individualized approach to your health problems so that you can start actually feeling good? Surviving through your symptoms and not having answers, is not the way to live. There is another way out.
That other way out is through a health coach. Someone who is trained on human behavior, motivation and health. Someone who is trained to help you excel, with YOU in the driver’s seat of your life.
If you are so ready to make changes in your health because you do not want to go to another doctor, or make another hospital trip – then let’s get you scheduled. This is your sign that you are worth it.
- Self-Love Masterclass: Throughout the year I will be hosting a Self-Love Masterclass for those who want to transform the relationship they have with themselves. Getting on the waiting list will get you exclusive access to be the first to know when it will be opening up before it sells out.
- Concierge health coaching – a private 60 minute consultation if you do not want to commit to 3 months. You just want support when you need it. This is the best one for you.
- 3-month program. Bi-weekly sessions with unlimited support.
- Parent’s group coaching: 5 weeks of group coaching. Next circle is coming up in April. April 10th to be exact. This is a much more affordable option with a group of like-minded parents. You do not want to miss it!
- 2-Day VIP Intensive Retreat. Escape your everyday life to really take your overall health to the next level.
To feeling good and living well,
Alejandra at Living Well Co.